- Marriage is a journey, not a destination. It is the beginning of a new phase, and every step you take before and during marriage matters a lot. It is always beneficial to be properly armed with the right information before getting married.
- Are you feeling up to marriage yet? There are some quick facts you need to acquaint yourself with before getting married, they should help you shape your decision.
1. Once you are hooked to the wrong person the battle is over, you will either be managing or patching till you die.
2 .Compatibility is worked out. Of course you may never get a perfect person. but with dedication, knowledge and wisdom, compatibility will start building, that is if he or she is the right person.
3. The major challenge in getting married is choosing the right person. You don’t choose a person because he or she is available or eligible. You choose a person because that person is right for you. Once your choice is right then you are on the right track.
4. Run away from any man or woman that is easily angered by nature. It is difficult to change that person. If the person gets angry by mistake, he/she can be corrected but if it is his nature, you have to think twice. How can a lion be married to a goat? what happens when the lion is hungry/angry? Any man that beats his wife is likened to the above illustration. Any woman that oppresses her husband is also likened to this scenario. Watch out for these signs before signing a life contract.
5. Love may be blind to many, but marriage will definitely open their eyes. Love in reality is not blind. When you start seeing those unchangeable signs during courtship please keep off. When a man starts cheating on you when dating, it is a sign that he will do much more when he is married to you. He or she may legally begin to cheat on you because he is now married legally to you.
6. To get the right person, try to be the right person. Work on yourself, work on your flaws.
7. America and the rest of the western world is plagued with divorce today because they marry without paying attention to these facts listed above. They marry without knowing the person they are marrying at least to a large extent. Don’t be caught doing the same thing.
8. Don’t practice divorce before you get married. This is when you are breaking relationships over and over again, your emotion is also affected in the process. Wait for the right person.
9. Don’t marry because you cannot enjoy your single life. If you are happy being single, then you will be happy being married and if you are not happy while still single, being married may not solve your problem. Marriage is not an escape from being single but marriage is actually a graduation – moving from writing simple exams of life to writing hard ones.
10. Do not rush into marriage because you are under pressure or you are feeling you are the odd one out. When you feel everyone is getting married except you, then you are making yourself a wrong person to get married to.